Capital is an independent privately-owned corporate finance and strategic business development advisory firm based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and active throughout SE Asia, India and key international financial centres.
Founded in 1996, the partners of Celadon have an average of nearly 30 years’ relevant work experience, and have lived in Asia for the majority of that time.
Our clientele comprises:
- Entrepreneur-run companies in the technology, services and manufacturing sectors requiring financing, strategic advice and other management or operational inputs to facilitate their expansion
- Multinational groups seeking to acquire, divest from or restructure their Asian operations
- Overseas companies and private equity investors wanting help in investing, establishing a presence or expanding in South-East Asia and India
We operate three practice areas:
- Corporate Finance & Transaction Execution - providing innovative financial solutions, access and introduction to sources of funding or transaction counterparties, and transaction execution and management; more
Advisory - working with businesses to help them take a “back to basics” view of their overall strategic direction and ambitions, review the financing options open to them and plot the strategy that will work best for them; more
- International Business Partnering & Representation - acting as regional partner in SE Asia and India for overseas businesses and financial investors expanding in the region requiring on the ground representation, enhanced local awareness, operational support and local or regional funding or co-investing; more
We pride ourselves on our exceptional quality of service:
- Our relentless pursuit of the desired result (plus more) in a timely and trouble-free manner
- Our ability to target investors and counterparties whose strategic agendas match those of the client
- Our ability to produce a defensible and convincing argument and rationale for the transaction proposal, and the attention we pay to detail and accuracy
- Our ability to convey the vision of our client with conviction and clarity
We have an outstanding network of contacts and strategic partnerships around the world. Our network, which we have actively developed over many years, complements our own skill sets, industrial expertise or geographic coverage, and has been invaluable to us in facilitating project execution and access to sources of funding:
- We are well represented among leading figures in international capital markets, private equity and institutional investors, corporate management, investment banking and other professional groups, throughout Asia and in other major financial centres.
- We also enjoy long-standing partner relationships with like-minded advisory firms and other specialised professionals, in many locations, with formal relations with partners in Hong Kong, India, Australia, USA and UK.
- We are part of Corporate Development International (CDI). CDI provides corporate search services for clients undertaking acquisitions, mergers, disposals and joint ventures. Founded in 1973, CDI comprises 250 professionals based in more than 50 offices in 35 countries. To date CDI has successfully advised on more than 1,000 transactions in 25 sectors. A key to its success is the specialist industry knowledge, and the operational rather than financial perspective of its partners that is not generally available in an investment bank.
- Our financing placement power is further enhanced by our relationship with International Eurobond Consultants (IEC), an operator of an electronic platform that enables the distribution of primary issues in Asian, Middle Eastern and emerging European fixed income markets, headquartered in Kuala Lumpur.
Together with our partners we bring a comprehensive skill set and unique combination of perspectives to any financing situation or strategic issue, enabling us to offer total solutions of lasting value regardless of their complexity, scale or location, and without compromise to the personalised, impartial and dedicated service and value for money that our clients expect.